Monday, October 20, 2008
Just felt like writing, so here it is. I made some coconut milk soap a little bit ago. My boys helped a bit, but they left when I was going to get the lye. They were disappointed but I know them, they would have started to jostle each other then accident.
This batch was a mostly liquid fat with just a bit of coconut and a touch of beeswax. I had a false trace, mainly due I believe to my extremely low temp to start off with. It did take a bit to get to trace. I scented it with some sweetcakes fo called "Santa's Pipe". I hope it turns out well. I really shouldn't try new recipes with such a large batch.
I unmolded it the next day. It was still really rather moist and a nice creamy color. It has been drying almost a week now and I noticed some color change. It is getting darker, almost a taupe color now. I suspect there is a bit of vanilla in that FO blend I used, but that is okay. I will try and remember to come back here and let you know how it lathers up and all.