Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Little of What I've Been Up To

My recent efforts into soapmaking. I have to say, most of these didn't turn out like I had planned, but I have come to like the results.
  1. Sweet Tarts Sweet Heart soap, contains olive oil, coconut oil and palm. It is scented with a fragrance oil from Nature's Garden, smells like Sweetarts to me; grape, berries and oakmoss.
  2. My Tester soap, contains olive oil, coconut oil and palm oil. This was a free sample from Nature's Garden. The soap separated on me and needed to be rebatched. You can read my adventure's of this here. Skinny calls this soap the Sausage soap, LOL. The scent came through the cook very well, at least for my nose. It is a very fruity, juicy scent. If I can get this again, I'd like to try it in my usual 4lb batch instead of a smaller one. 
  3. Rose and Violet soap, contains olive oil, rice bran oil, castor oil, coconut oil and mowrah butter. Scented with Nature's Garden Rose and Violet fragrance oil. This soap accelerated on me due to being too cool and soaping in a cold environment. It came out quite well, just not as planned. I popped a few rose buds and petals on top.
  4. Easter Confetti soap, contains olive oil, coconut oil and palm oil. Another scent from Nature's Garden, Champagne Pomegranate. Using up the some of the colored soap from my Sweet Tarts soap.
  5. Flowery Meadow soap, contains rice bran oil, palm kernal flakes, castor oil, mowrah butter, soybean oil, palm oil and almond milk. Yet another Nature's Garden scent, very floral. This one overheated and is still very slick with oil. I'm gonna test it out and see if I need to wait longer for the soap to reabsorb the oil or if I should go ahead and rebatch it.
  6. Twilight Skies soap, contains rice bran oil, lard, coconut & jojoba oils. My very first all essential oil soap with Lavender, Lemon Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Orange, Clove and Star Anise.
I was in a Nature's Garden kick I think.  Even though I don't sell my soap, I love making it. I'm addicted to soap making. I have made another soap not pictured here for Cowboy Preacher, Barbados. A scent that Cowboy Preacher helped to blend. It smells divine, spicy bay, rum and coconut. Even more soap is in my future. Happy Soaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment