Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Meal Planning 2013

Well, it is another year and of course I'm late posting my little Meal Planner. Actually I debated whether I wanted to continue making this available or not. I have the undated version from a few years ago still available. For the last few months I have been meal planning using an app on my android phone. Yes, I'm a little behind the times and such. I like it that way. A friend had posted on Facebook an article on how to get more organized using your smart phone and I decided to look into it.

I've been using Pepperplate. I like that is has a section for recipes, planner and shopping list. I organized the shopping list according to how I shop. I love that. Adding recipes from some of my favorite cooking sites is dead easy. I still need to work on adding my recipes to the queue, but I'll get to it eventually. I like how I can increase or decrease the recipe. I have some issues with the shopping list, but I think that is me.

It has been nice. It has been easy. I found though, that I miss writing things down. It was nice just to curl up on the couch with a cup of tea, my pencil and Meal Planner and just jot meals down. My boys liked having it around to look at themselves without always asking me what was for dinner. I don't generally add the meals to my little poster when I plan on my phone or computer. So here it is, my 2013 Meal Planner.
I decided to be a little more fanciful and decorate it a little. I am usually frugal and save my color ink for the "really important" stuff, but sometimes a gal has got to have some color. You can download it from my Dropbox here. Instructions on how to put the booklet together are here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment