Thursday, June 4, 2015

Grandpa Al's Peanut Butter Cookie Recip

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would stop by and type up this really quick post. I'm reorganizing my paperwork again and I came across this email I had printed up. You see, my sister had this habit of asking me for Dad's peanut butter cookie recipe every few months or so. I'm not sure if she keeps misplacing the recipe or what, but I had typed on the bottom of the email. "Don't Delete This Message!!!" I thought I would go ahead and post it on my blog so I have it handy to send to her again whenever she requests it again. I love you Young! Yes, her real name is Young. It means "Eternal or Forever" in Korean. I think I am getting over being the only kid in the family to have been born in South Korea NOT to have a Korean name.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking soda

Instructions:


  1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
  2. Cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar together for 5 minutes.
  3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.
  4. Add egg to butter mixture, mix well. Add peanut butter and vanilla extract and mix well. 
  5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well.
  6. Make 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 to 3 inches apart. Make the characteristic pattern on the cookie dough using a fork. Take care not to smash the dough too much.
  7. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 10-12 minutes.
  8. Cool 1 minute and remove to cooling racks. 
That's pretty much it. I confess that I do use more than 1/2 cup of peanut butter but I haven't changed the recipe to reflect this as yet. I am sure that it will trip up my kids when they want to make cookies like mom, but I haven't decided which recipe I like more, so I keep the original. I may have to make a little trial to see which cookie is favored.

No comments:

Post a Comment